Watercooler Journal is a peer-reviewed online undergrad publication that creates a space for the sharpest TV analysis, from papers to multimedia to social media… gifs included.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: THE GILMORE GIRLS ISSUE
Deadline: February 14, 2017
Issue releases: March 14, 2017
Submission rules and procedures below.
How You Submit
We accept two methods of submissions:
A. You send us a media file (.doc, .jpeg, .png, .gif, etc.). We really, really prefer .doc files when it comes to papers and written work.
B. You upload your media to the Internet and send us a link to it (it must be downloadable)
Either way, you do it through email:
1. Compose an email to email@example.com with the subject line “SUBMISSION” (if you’re submitting to the annual paper-only call, use the subject line “PAPER SUBMISSION”).
2. Include in the body of the email:
- your full name
- your school
- your expected graduation year (please indicate if you are an alumni)
- the link or attachment of your awesome content
3. Send it our way.
You’ll get a confirmation email from us that we have it on file. All pieces–including digital media and fan-made works–go through a blind peer review.
All chosen submissions are announced through issue launch. If we pick you as a Contributor of the Month, a WJ editor will email you for your mailing address to send your prize. And if we love your submission but it doesn’t fit in with the current batch, we may log it for a future issue.
We’re excited to take anything you want to give us, but these are the only things we ask:
- You have to be a current student or alumni at a post-high school institution
- If you ever show footage of, quote, or reference someone else’s ideas/work, you’ve got to cite them! This can be as simple as just telling us what show you’re pulling from or what critic you’re quoting. As long as it’s somewhere in your submission, we’re cool with that.